Thursday, December 18, 2008

1 week from today....

Holy cow in one week Christmas will be here! I can't believe it. This year has gone so fast and now it's almost 2009. Christmas I think is going to be a little crazy this year. I found out that I have two places to be on christmas day dinner...oh joy! This happened last year to when I had to be two places on Christmas Eve. Oh well we will just do opposite of last year and go one place for dinner and then the next after dinner. Then on top of that do the other Christmases we have to do. I love being with family but it also gets stressful running constantly in two days that we are home. This year it's just going to be me and Cam because Brad is working. Brad and I were talking today that we want to start making our own traditions and one of those traditions for next year is going to be waking up here at our home on Christmas morning and doing the whole Santa thing here and have our own Christmas and then head home later on Christmas Day! Camden is going to have Santa presents back at my dad's and some here when we get home later Christmas night to do with Brad for our Christmas. Camden has asked me everyday if Santa is coming and if it's Christmas time yet....yep he's getting impatient! He is ready to leave Santa his Christmas cookies and get some presents! He asked me if Santa was going to come into his room when he dropped off the presents because that would scare him. He is so funny some days:) He told me yesterday that when it's christmas time it's Jesus's birthday too! So I think to a certain extent he knows kind of what Christmas is about. I am sure he learned that at Sunday school or preschool and he doesn't forget things!
On a different note.....
Yes I am ok. You tell one person and then it gets around. Monday night I wiped it on the ice letting the dog out. I didn't think I hit my back to hard because I put my hand down to catch myself. Well Tuesday morning I woke up and my side and lower back hurt like hell! I went to the chiropractor that morning for an adjustment and it seemed to help a little. Yesterday I woke up and started having slight pain in my stomach and my lower back and tail bone felt like there was a knife going through it. So of course I called the doctor and he had me go home from work and lay on the couch all day...boring! Then this morning we headed to Sioux City to make sure everything was ok with the baby. Camden went with us for the first time today and he thought for sure the baby was "coming out" today. He sure got excited and his eyes got huge when he got to hear the heartbeat. He is excited to be a big brother! Everything turned out fine and the baby is fine. Doctor said get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids. Yea I was a little worried but it was a sigh of relief today just going to check things out. We go back in 2 weeks for another appointment. Well I am off to the couch to do what the doctor says!

3 comments:

Aaron Burdorf said...

First of all, glad you and baby are okay! Secondly, I totally understand about making your own traditions. We would love to do the same thing, but it's SO hard because everybody wants to see you and your kids and it would be nice to just be at home.

Brooke Stevens said...

Yeah it would be so nice to be at home and have our own traditions but you are so right that it is hard because everyone wants to see you!

Aaron Burdorf said...

check our blog to see answers to your camera needs.