Friday, April 17, 2009

Circus/Sick

With Camden being sick all week with a cold and fever I wasn't so sure we were going to be able to make it to the circus today. Last night he just had a low grade fever and this morning he woke up feeling good and no fever. There was no way he was going to miss it so I figured with no fever we could go. He liked the circus but during some parts he got pretty bored. I think if it was all clown acts and animals he would like it better. He got bored during the dancing, juggling,etc. His favorites were the motorcycle act, all the animal acts, and clowns!
After getting home from the circus he ran around all afternoon and acted like he was back to his normal self but all of a sudden it hit him again tonight and his fever went up again and he was passed out on the couch by 7:30. It is also a battle with him to take medicine, he absolutely hates taking it and sometimes will spit it out and refuse to take it! That part is not fun! Yes I have tried putting it in juice or food and he is pretty smart and knows it is in there! I called the doctor on Wednesday to see if I should bring him in and they said I should because Influenza A and B are going around like crazy. The strains that are going around are not covered by the flu shot!! At that point they didn't think he had Influenza because he didn't seem or act that sick he just had a temp. They said it is probably just the common cold and it would have to run its course. If he is not better by Monday then I will take him back in and I am sure they will do the Influenza test! I think he has passed his sickness on to me because I feel like I am starting to get a head cold! We have been pretty healthy in our house. Camden was pretty sick his first year of life and battled with ear infections and colds but in the past couple years he has hardley been sick. He usually never runs a fever either when he is sick. He has probably had a total of 3 fevers in his life. So we will let it run it's course the rest of the weekend and see how he is on Monday! I will post some Circus pictures later this weekend!

No comments: