Monday, February 14, 2011

The weather is warming up and we are loving it in our house!! My kids were starting to go crazy being couped up inside all day when the temps were very cold!! I checked the weather and it's supose to be a high in the 50's a couple days this week...YAY!!! I am so sick of winter! The snow is melting fast with the warmer temps. My driveway was pure ice from all of our wonderful storms we have had....pretty sure I almost fell a handful of times! Yesterday with the nice temps Brad, Oz, Calee, and Camden chipped/shoveled off all the melting ice!
Anyways Spring is near and we are excited!

It seems lately that is non-stop going in our house! We have been SO busy!! Here's what been going on with the Stevens'-

Camden-
*A couple weeks ago he had a two weekend camp for basketball. He had so much fun and learned alot! We were able to watch him play during half time at the HS game.
*His normal week is sooo busy...wrestling on Tuesday and Thursday night and church on Wednesday night. By the time Friday comes he is ready for a couple days off...me too!! He does really well with his busy schedule :) He is already asking when soccer is going to start.....he is always on the go! I know he is only 5 but I can't imagine what it's like when he gets older. And we don't push him to do these things, it's his choice if he wants to do wrestling or not! Church he doesn't have much of a choice....he loves it so I have no problem getting him to go on Wednesday nights. Sometimes I feel for a 5 year old this is to much during the week but he doesn't have a problem with it!
*Doing great in school! It's conference time this week at school and Mrs. Menke sent a letter home and talked to Brad that she does not have to meet with us because he is doing great and she has no concerns...oh one concern...to listen a little better :)
*Camden has been asking on and off for me to have another baby...but it has to be a boy!! He does not really understand that we don't have a choice if it's a boy or girl. I think he is getting bored with his sister! I am a 100% sure there won't be anymore babies in our house...ok maybe not a 100% , maybe 80% sure! I get that baby itch every once in a while!
*He can't wait to be 6...I swear ever since the day after Christmas that's all he has talked about! It has slowed down a little bit but give it a couple weeks and he will be constantly asking about his birthday! I guess birthdays are a big thing to little kids. Not sure what we are doing for his birthday but this year I am going to try and make his birthday cake...yikes...hope he doesn't pick anything to hard for me to make!!

Maeci-
* She is my.......naughty, little, cute, devil, blue eyed, stinker, baby girl! Awww this girl gives me a run for my money! She is so naughty at times...her newest thing is spitting at you...yes spitting...nothing comes out of her mouth but just the action of spitting! Yep probably learned that at daycare! She is going through a stage of hitting and throwing some major fits....wow! Oh well it's a stage and it will pass! I am just glad I didn't have 2 kids that had the terrible two's!
*Ok on to the good stuff..... She can be the sweetest little girl, likes to give lots of hugs and kisses! If someone gets hurt she is always there rubbing their head and saying " it k" (it's ok)
*Talking alot!
*Obsessed with babies!! She is always feeding and rocking her babies. When she is rocking her babies she always sings to them, more like hums some tune...it's so cute!!
*Potty time....about a week ago we introduced the potty to her. We are not pushing her but letting her get comfortable with knowing what it is, etc. If you push a kid it will be harder to get them trained! It's not an everyday thing we do right now but wanting her to get used to it. The other day she was standing in the front of the toilet trying to go potty like a boy...oh my..thinking she has watched Camden a time or two! She will say "potty, potty" and even though we are not really potty training we take her and sit her on the toilet!
*Toddler bed...yikes...yes we are going to be switching her over sometime soon! Camden was in a toddler bed at 20 months so we will be trying to see how Maec does! I told Brad I will be leaving the crib up just in case she doesn't do well in the bed! Not sure exactly when we will be doing it but sometime soon!

A couple weekends ago we celebrated Christmas with Brad's family in Des Moines at a hotel/waterpark. It was a great time and it was nice to see everyone!

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas at my house with my mom/family. The kids were excited to see everyone and we had a good time! The weekends go way to fast though!

Well that's about all for now.......Enjoy the warmer weather this week!! :)

No comments: