Thursday, January 20, 2011

So I am just a little annoyed and going to vent just a little.......
This morning I was on my way to work and I could see flashing cop lights about a mile up the road. As I got closer I realized a deputy had someone pulled over on the opposite side of the road. Of course I slowed down as I was getting closer because I could see 2-3 cars coming toward me. I didn't think I would have to come to almost a complete stop since I was on the opposite side of the cars and the deputy, etc. The truck (coming toward me) that was the first in line did NOT SLOW down a bit and maybe moved over 5 inches as he passed the deputy. I ended up coming to an almost complete stop thinking I would just stop so the truck could come into my lane a little to pass the deputy/stopped vehicle! Oh no he did not and probably didn't even take off his cruise control. Being a cops wife that stuff freaks me out....that deputy could easily get hit by someone that is careless and not slowing down. I know this is probably on the bottom of my list of stuff that freaks me out being a cops wife....cuz I know there is alot worse things that these deputies/officers deal with! I have seen on cop shows before where an officer gets hit because of careless drivers! Maybe I freaked out a little much on the whole thing this morning but that deputy was my husband! Even if it wasn't my husband I still would of been annoyed with the whole thing.
Also, once last thing and then I will be done.
People PULL OVER for an Ambulance with flashing lights! It doesn't matter what side of the road you are on....slow down and get over! Had an experience with that a couple weeks ago. Not going to get into the story but you get my point!
Ok I am done....sorry if that annoyed you but I had to vent!
Have a good day!

1 comment:

Aaron Burdorf said...

Good points Brooke! I'm not a cop's wife, but the ambulance thing annoys me as well. I always think, what if that was someone you love in there? You would obviously want them to get where they needed to go as soon as possible.